Fundraising for your local Master Gardener Chapter!
Sell Seeds for a Green Fundraiser!
Tired of candy sales and want a fund-raiser with a wholesome green message? Start a Master Gardener seed store. We offer three options:
Pollinator Seed Stores:
A fund-raiser with great educational possibilities and a wholesome green message!
- Available to community education classrooms, beekeeping associations, conservation groups, PTA groups, 4-H Clubs, Scouts & other non-profit youth groups
- 3 options: The packet seed store, the bulk seed store and the convenience pre-order seed
Note to past participants: if you are planning to do a convenience pre-order seed store, please read these directions.
A few important rules:
- Please get permission from your institution/association/chapter to participate BEFORE you apply to
- No third party beneficiaries, please. We ask that your group or organization be the beneficiary.
- We ask that you make a commitment to sell at least 100 packets
- Please only one contact person per group. We use email rather than phone
Packet Seed Store
no application needed
- Purchase multiple packets of selected varieties and re-sell at a profit
- Quick and easy
- Hint: choose varieties for your plant zone
- No order deadline but we recommend ordering before Mar. 24 for best selection. Use the order form or order via email: email@example.com.
- All applicable volume discounts apply plus an additional 5% seed store discount
Bulk Seed Store
no application needed
- Purchase seeds of selected varieties in bulk. You may order by email or by
- Participants repack the seeds to sell at their own seed store
- More work, but a lot more fun than the other choices
- Participants design own packets and develop own marketing strategy
- Offers the most money-making potential
- Involves the most financial
- Requires advance planning
- Need scoops and digital scales or balance beams. MMBCP does not carry
- Can purchase blank self-seal seed packets or use packaging from your office
- No order deadline but we recommend ordering before Mar. 24 for best selection. Use the order form in the center of the catalog, or order
- All applicable volume discounts apply to seeds plus an additional 5% seed school discount
Pre-Order Seed Store
Requires an application to us. If your sale needs prior permission from your institution/ association please get cleared to participate by your administrator before applying to us. Then find your application form below these directions and please return it to us. As soon as we receive it we will generate your custom order form, a PDF file you will receive by email. 64 participants in 2016 ranging from a single scout den to an elementary-middle school. Groups collectively sold more than 23,000 packets and raised more than $20,000.
- Regular order form: Suggested retail is $2.00 per packet. We split the proceeds with your group according to the following:
o Orders of 39 packets or fewer: Your group pays us $1.35 per packet plus a $5 handling surcharge.
o 40-99 packets: $1.35 per packet to us, remainder to your group.
o Note that groups ordering fewer than 100 packets combined will not be invited back to take part in future years’ sales.
o 100-199 packets: $1.30 per packet to us, remainder to your group.
o 200-299 packets: $1.25 per packet to us, remainder goes to your group.
o 300-499 packets: $1.20 per packet to us.
o 500-799 packets $1.15 per packet to us, remainder to your group.
o 800 or more packets $1.00 per packet to us, remainder to your group, (A 50-50 split if you use our suggest retail price).
More information can be found here about the program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.