National Lewis & Clark Conservation Awards Banquet – Sept 22, 2018
Each year, the National Lewis & Clark Conservation Awards recognize individuals and organizations that lead the charge for the appreciation and conservation of our natural resources in Missouri and beyond. Recipients of these awards represent leaders in business, philanthropy and conservation. MCHF is honoring Tim Guraedy, a.k.a. “Mountain Man” from Duck Dynasty, among other influential recipients.
Missouri National Guard’s Ike Skelton Training Site
2302 Militia Drive, Jefferson City, Mo.
Driver’s license required for all guests to enter the Skelton Training Center.
4:00 p.m. – Partnership Reception
6:00 p.m. – Award Reception
7:00 p.m. – Dinner and Awards Presentation
- Slow-smoked turkey*
- Cured ham
- Festive corn salad*
- Select cheeses*
- Fresh seasonal vegetables* with dip bar
- Cranberry chutney*
- Bruschetta with tomato and basil
- Tea rolls
- Pinckney Bend Distillery spirits
- St. James Winery wines
- Piney River Brewing Company beer
- Expedition essential – Seasoned and breaded catfish
- Iron skillet-fried chicken
- Made-from-scratch mashed potatoes whipped with real butter*
- Homemade milk gravy
- Fresh spring salad with walnuts and cranberries*
- Mandan succotash*
- Corps of Discovery blackberry cobbler
- Iced Tea/Coffee
Each year, the National Lewis & Clark Conservation Awards recognize individuals and organizations that lead the charge for the appreciation and conservation of our natural resources in Missouri and beyond. Recipients of these awards represent leaders in business, philanthropy and conservation.
Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were explorers, scientists, entrepreneurs, geographers, diplomats and frontrunners of conservation in the United States. They overcame significant obstacles and challenges leading the Corps of Discovery through unforeseen circumstances and difficulties to change America forever. Like these famed explorers, our honorees’ incredible commitment and work have charted a course that others have and will continue to follow.
We are recognizing conservation champions who have impacted conservation across the state, as well as across this country. Having an event of this caliber celebrating these efforts showcases our state’s commitment to protect our beautiful natural environment for generations to come.
This year’s honorees include:
- Tim “Mountain Man” Guraedy from the television series Duck Dynasty is receiving the Corps of Discovery National Conservation Award
- MidwayUSA owners Larry and Brenda Potterfield are receiving the Governor’s State of Missouri Conservation Award
- Missouri Lieutenant Governor Mike Kehoe is receiving the Pat Jones/York Spirit of the Wilderness Award
- National Wild Turkey Federation is receiving the Sacagawea Community and Partnership Conservation Award
- Law enforcement officers are receiving a Partnership Award because of how closely they work with the Department of Conservation
This celebration is made possible by the generosity of the following supporters: