Strategic Plan Mission, Guiding Principles and Goals
Adopted December 5, 2013
MCHF advances the conservation and appreciation of forest, fish and wildlife resources by applying financial resources to the priorities of the Missouri Department of Conservation in collaboration with donors and other partners.
To ensure the continued success of the Missouri Conservation Heritage Foundation, the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers embrace the following guiding principles:
• Conservation Values. Assure that Foundation activities are consistent with sound conservation science, principles and practices and address priority needs for conserving Missouri’s natural resources and conservation heritage.
• Ethical Behavior. Maintain the highest standard of ethical behavior in everything we do, and engage in projects and activities that contribute to the public welfare while furthering our mission.
• Effective Partnering. Recognize the Missouri Department of Conservation as our primary strategic partner in identifying and addressing priority conservation needs, and actively collaborate with other organizations, corporations and individuals who share our goals.
• High Fiduciary Standards. Adhere to the highest fiduciary standards in the solicitation, investment, management and accounting of financial resources entrusted to us.
• Efficient Use of Resources. Maximize benefits and return on use of financial resources by maintaining low administrative and overhead costs, by leveraging resources with partners and by supporting projects with high likelihood of long-term success.
• Effective Communications. Publicize our needs, plans, programs and successes while simultaneously respecting the privacy and desires of donors and partners.
• To support projects dedicated to preserving, conserving and enhancing Missouri’s fish, forests and wildlife resources.
• To support projects dedicated to promoting citizen opportunities to use, appreciate, enjoy and learn about Missouri’s fish, forests and wildlife resources
• To build a permanent, sustainable source of private funding that will support a wide variety of conservation projects and actions in perpetuity.