FFA Fundraising and Protecting Pollinators
Sell Seeds for a Green School Fundraiser!
Tired of candy sales and want a school fund-raiser with a wholesome green message? Start a school seed store. We offer three options:
Seed School Stores:
A fund-raiser with great educational possibilities and a wholesome green message!
• Available to classrooms, PTA groups, 4-H Clubs, Scouts & other non-profit youth groups
• We can help you select varieties for resale to parents & school supporters
• 3 options: The packet seed school, the bulk seed school and the convenience pre-order seed school.
Note to past participants: if you are planning to do a convenience pre-order seed school, please read these directions.
A few important rules:
• Please get permission from your institution to participate BEFORE you apply to us.
• No third party beneficiaries, please. We ask that your group or organization be the beneficiary.
• We ask that you make a commitment to sell at least 100 packets total.
• Please only one contact person per group. We use email rather than the phone.
Packet Seed School- no application necessary:
• Purchase multiple packets of selected varieties and re-sell at a profit
• Quick and easy
• Hint: choose varieties for your plant zone
• No order deadline but we recommend ordering before Mar. 24 for best selection. Use the order form or order via email: email@example.com.
• All applicable volume discounts apply plus an additional 5% seed school discount
Bulk Seed School – no application necessary:
• Purchase seeds of selected varieties in bulk. You may order by email or by mail.
• Students repack the seeds to sell at their own seed store
• More work, but a lot more fun than the other choices
• Students design own packets, develop own marketing strategy and learn practical math using scales and scoops.
• Offers the most money-making potential
• Involves the most financial risk.
• Requires advance planning
• Need scoops and digital scales or balance beams. MMBCP does not carry these.
• Can purchase blank self-seal seed packets or use packaging from your office supplier.
• No order deadline but we recommend ordering before Mar. 24 for best selection. Use the order form in the center of the catalog, or order online.
• All applicable volume discounts apply to seeds plus an additional 5% seed school discount
Pre-order Seed School – requires application to us
If your sale needs prior permission from your institution please get cleared to participate by your administrator before applying to us. Then find your application form below these directions and please return it to us. As soon as we receive it we will generate your custom order form, a PDF file you will receive by email. 64 participants in 2016 ranging from a single scout den to an elementary-middle school. Groups collectively sold more than 23,000 packets and raised more than $20,000.
Click here for more information (including application) about this fundraising opportunity!