2021 National Lewis & Clark Conservation Awards Celebration
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Jefferson City, MO | The Millbottom
5 p.m. | Reception, including appetizers, refreshments and silent auction
7 p.m. | Cuisine inspired by the Lewis & Clark Expedition, live auction, and National Lewis & Clark Conservation Awards Presentation
Each year, the National Lewis & Clark Conservation Awards recognize individuals and organizations that lead the charge for the appreciation and conservation of our natural resources in Missouri and beyond.
This year’s honorees are:
- Simon Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt’s great, great grandson and principal at Olimpia Fund Management, is receiving the Corps of Discovery National Conservation Award.
- Penny Pennington, CEO and Managing Partner of Edward Jones is receiving the Pat Jones/York Spirit of the Wilderness National Conservation Award.
- Marilynn Bradford, former MDC Conservation Commissioner, is receiving the Governor’s State of Missouri Conservation Award.
- Missouri Birding Society is receiving the Sacagawea Community and Partnership Conservation Award.
- Brad Jacobs is posthumously receiving the Missouri Legacy Award. His wife, Linda, will accept in his honor.
- MDC Partner Awards:
- Impact Award – Pheasants Forever, Inc., Quail Forever, and the Missouri Prairie Foundation
- Intersection Award – Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Innovation Award – Sovereign Sportsman Solutions (S3)
- MDC Partnership Awards: Missouri Electric Cooperatives across the state
This event is typically held in conjunction with the Missouri Partners Conservation Roundtable, an event hosted by the Missouri Department of Conservation to bring together partners who have an interest in conserving our state’s fish, forest and wildlife resources, however, due to COVID-19 the awards ceremony had to be postponed to 2021.